1. HISTORY --~Let
the person give you a brief history.
2. ADMIT -- (the person probably has already admitted that this condition is a problem)
but ASK: "Is this a problem?" "How does this effect your life?"
3. ASK: "IS THERE SOME REASON WHY YOU WANT TO SUFFER WITH THIS PROBLEM?
4. ASK: "IS THERE SOME REASON WHY YOU DON'T WANT DOCTOR ________ TO HELP YOU RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM?
DO NOT - DO NOT CHANGE THIS WORDING, DOING SO MAY IMPLY SOME
TYPE OF GUARANTEE OF RESULT.
if you the doctor is following this outline, he/ she would be saying "...why
you don't want me to..")
* often there is a question or reservation, which you now can openly deal with or say " that is an
excellent question, doctor would be happy to answer that over the phone, can I get your name and
* " is the beginning or end of the week better
for you?" * " how is Monday or Tuesday?" * "morning or evening? " * 9:30 or 10:00?"
6. GET THEIR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER!
* and tell them that they will be receiving a call to confirm this time.
Failing to get a name and # means you probably just wasted all your energy .
[complied from various sources by gary vitullo d.c.]