1. Sit with your feet stretch out in front
2. Bend your right knee and place your right foot on the left/outside of
your left knee.
3. With your right hand, grab and hold on to your right ankle & lean
4. Holding on to your right ankle, lean back.
5. THE KEY: press your right elbow into your
right knee and point/push your right shoulder towards the floor in front
[The key to this stretch is to press your elbow (in this case the right) into
the knee and
point the right shoulder towards the floor in front of you. This takes some "fine
as far as altering how much one flexes prior to twisting, or just twisting without
You will find that you can target specific areas of the paraspinal musculature
lumbar to the upper thoracic. And once you know how this stretch feels,
you can do it seated.]
Remember, if there is any pain, BACK OFF or stop.
your left is a easy gentle stretch & an example
of a seated rhomboid muscle stretch.