About Us San Luis Obispo Chiropractor
Unlike conventional medicine, which focuses on attempting to treat disease once it occurs, DrBackman.com Chiropractor & Wellness Massage emphasizes improving your health in an effort to reduce the risk of pain and illness in the first place. Most people would rather be healthy & avoid illness, if they could. This is one of the main reasons for the big surge in the popularity of our wellness center.
For some, DrBackman.com Chiropractic & Wellness Massage will take them back to a place that is cozy & familiar, offering a rediscovery of health & wellness that had been previously known but long lost. For others, the journey may offer a new center, one never before experienced.
People are recognizing the benefit of seeking an alternative to traditional medicine; one that will help them achieve and maintain optimal health. Please take the time to meet the doctor, team & our wellness network dedicated to helping you achieve your wellness objectives. To fully understand the nature of your health we recommend you join our free website membership program. As a patient at DrBackman.com Chiropractor & Wellness we will personally tailor a wellness program specifically targeted to your wellness needs using the least invasive yet highly-effective techniques & services.
our story - Dr Lawrence a. Dieter bs, DC - San Luis Obispo/cal Poly
- With 29 years of licensed practice in California & Australia, I am very comfortable translating for you medical terms into plane English. I/we encourage your interaction, questions & feed back as I/we consult with you about your health concerns.
- 12 of those years, i was the traveling substitute chiropractor for 80+ practices, & with this, am familiar with a wide range of adjusting/manipulative/mobilization techniques and physiotherapy modalities, selecting the proper technique for your condition, history & body type.
- Being described as, up-beat, fit, Loving my life & work.
- Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, Whittier, Ca, USA (1986-89)
- Doctor of Chiropractic Degree, 1989
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Biology, 1987
- AS degree in chemistry, 1985
Licensed / Credentials:
- Australia, State of Victoria; License to Practice Chiropractic, 2000, lic. #1631
- State of California License to Practice Chiropractic, 1989, lic. # 20076
Diversified; Gentle Seated, Supine or Prone Cervical Adjustments; Palmer Method when indicated, Cox-Flexion/Distraction, Shoulder/Hip/Pelvis/Knee/Gate Evaluation and Adjustments, Activator, Traction, SOT, Drop Table, , Toggle, Manual Traction, Motion Palpation, & varied soft tissue techniques.
- Private Practice, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401- Doctor of Chiropractic, 2006 to present
- D.C. Vacation Relief, Locum Doctor of Chiropractic, California, 1997-2006
- Doctor of Chiropractic; Melbourne, Australia, 2000-2001
- (South Pacific Sabbatical, New Zealand, 1999)
- Private Practice, Los Osos/San Luis Obispo, Doctor of Chiropractic, 1989 to 1996
- Medical Advisor, (Med-X) Low Back Clinic, Kennedy Club Fitness, San Luis Obispo, CA 1997 to 1998
- Substitute Teacher, Lucia Mar School District, 1997 to 1998
- Precision Mechanical Inspector, ITT Cannon Electric, Santa Ana, Ca 1979-1985
Associations / Activities / Interest:
Annually i participate with "Push ups for charity" benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project. last year i broke my personal record with 61 pushups.
- Photography, Motorcycles (Japanese, German & Italian), Travel & Blues Dance
- Innovative Muscle Stretches -
- CCA, California Chiropractic Association, past member
- Los Osos Chamber of Commerce - Past Board Member
- Los Osos Kiwanis Club - Past Board Member